In this post, I’d like to announce the newest member of the Hendricks family. . .the Hendricks family of books, that is!
Say hello to. . .
Writing a book has many similarities to having a baby. Not that I personally have ever born a child, you understand. But I have done my part in bringing three babies into the world.
And now, there's YOU!
The best part of having a baby is getting to show it off once it’s born. That’s what I get to do in this post—let you know that there’s a new member of the “family” to get acquainted with.
Sometimes It IS All About YouWhat is YOU about? The title pretty much says it all. Either you or someone you know may be among the countless people today who find themselves saying things like. . .
“I can't stand my job anymore!”
”I feel like I have no direction.”
“What should I really be doing with my life?”
Sound familiar? If so, you’re far from alone. Barna Group finds that 75% of Americans are seeking ways to live more meaningful lives. Even among people of faith, only 40% have a clear sense of their calling. For Christian Millennials, that jumps to 48 percent who say they have no idea how to confidently determine what they were put here to do.
So is there a way to find and follow your purpose in life?
Yes! The key is in harnessing the power of your giftedness. Every person has their own unique giftedness. Including you. And the best way to discover it is not through a test or gift assessment exercise, but from your own life story.
That’s what The Person Called YOU can help you discover. It will show you a proven way to find out what you were born to do and the profound difference that insight makes for every area of your life—work, relationships, even your spirituality.
Baby’s Height and WeightHere are some key details about YOU:
• Birthday (i.e., release date): June 1, 2014 (that’s this coming Sunday)
• 240 pages
• List price: $15.99
• Available in paperback or Kindle editions
• Published by Moody Publishers, Chicago, Illinois
• Includes the companion workbook: Discovering Your Giftedness: A Step-by-Step Guide
You can find out more and place an order at Amazon.com (which offers a discounted price).
Want to Help Push This Book to Rock Star Status?Here are five things you can do. . .
1. Get your own copy of the paperback version one day early at a special pre-release book signing being held this Saturday, May 31st from 3:00-5:00 p.m., hosted by Rick and Susan Lewis, my good friends at. . .
6620 Snider Plaza
Dallas, Texas 75205
Bring a friend. Bring all your friends!
2. Pre-order the book on Amazon.
3. As soon as you receive the book, read it over and then go to Amazon and write a review (this is the #1 way to boost the book’s standing).
4. Re-post this blog post on your own blog, Facebook, Twitter, and other social media, or just e-mail it to your friends and network.
5. Ask yourself: who do I know who is struggling to figure out what they should do with their life? Buy them a gift copy of the book and tell them you’ll read it with them and help them work through the exercise in the back.
Question: What do you think is the biggest reason why so many people lack purpose and direction?
NEXT POST ON BillHendricks.net: How Well Do You Know Yourself?